Tuesday 29 November 2016

A1-Order of ELEMENTS IN QUESTIONS

Remember that we have two types of questions in English: 

1. Yes or No Questions 

Do you like cinema?          Yes, I do / No, I don't 
Does he live in London?     Yes, she does / No, she doesn't  

Are you British?                Yes, I am / No, I'm not 
Is She from Africa?            Yes, She is / No, she isn't.

2. Information Questions or Wh-questions 

Where do you live?               I live in London
Why do you study English?    Because I like the language.  
Were are you from?              I'm from London

The structure of Information Questions is the following: 

Question word            + do/does + subject + verb ?
     where                        do            you        live ?
     How many brothers     do            you        have? 
     what colour                do            you        like?

Question word + to be + subject? 
     Where            is          she? 

Question words : How, when, where, which, who, why 
Special question words: what kind of + noun; what + noun; what + noun; how many + noun. 

Do the the following online activities to practice this grammar point: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment